SCALABLE Releases New Versions of QualNet and EXata Modeling and Simulation Products
New Features Increase Performance, Usability, and Operational Visualization
Culver City, CA (6 June 2017) -- SCALABLE Network Technologies, Inc. (SCALABLE), a leader in wireless network design and optimization products, announced today the availability of QualNet 8.0 and EXata 6.0. The updated versions of SCALABLE’s advanced network modeling and simulation tools offer a new framework for parallel processing and an enhanced GUI which combined provide improved performance and scalability as well as an overall improved user experience. The TCP, LTE and Wireless models have been significantly enhanced both to incorporate new functionality and to improve the ability to interoperate across diverse networks and communication technologies.
“As part of our ongoing commitment to both our commercial and military customers, we continue to develop and enhance our modeling and simulation tools to meet their needs,” explains Jeff Weaver, PhD, Vice President of Engineering. “As industry leaders, SCALABLE strives to consistently bring new technology and solutions to the marketplace while focusing on increasing the performance of our tools. It is critical our customers are able to test and evaluate their applications while accurately modeling their networks for performance."
The QualNet 8.0 and EXata 6.0 release contains new features and performance improvements. Significant enhancements include:
- Re-architected underlying simulation kernel to increase scalability, processing over 2 million messages per second
- Ability to interface thousands of external live hosts, devices or applications while maintaining real-time performance
- Capacity to support thousands of tagged interfaces using VLAN-trunking together with enhancements to hardware –in-the-loop interfaces that provide the ability to process Gigabits/second of external traffic
- Enhanced and updated GUI to both improve its performance and enable easier plug and play in building scenarios
- Improvements to Scenario Player visualization module (version 1.5) including the ability to select flows, create multicast group visualization, and added support for urban terrain to allow improved scenario analysis
- Updated Wireless model 802.11s which now supports HT (high throughput) and VHT (very high throughput) models and spectral band support in physical layer model allowing nodes to interface on frequency bands shared by other nodes
- Enhanced LTE model with country specific profiles that can now scan channels based on channels allocated to that country. LTE to Wi-Fi switchover is now available
- An upgraded TCP model to include new variants and congestion control algorithms: Cubic, HD (Hamilton Delay), CHD (CAIA-Hamilton Delay), DCTCP (Data Center TCP), H-TCP, and Vegas
Both the QualNet 8.0 and EXata 6.0 network design and optimization tools are available now. They are supported on Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, and CentOS 6.6, 6.8 and 7.3 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6, 6.8 and 7.3 and Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04. The upgrades are available free of charge to all customers covered under a current software maintenance agreement via their online download page.